We are a group of friends and colleagues, many of whom had not been on a bike for about 20 years at the start of this project!
- Divaka Perera (Consultant Cardiologist at Guy’s & St Thomas’ Hospital, born in Sri Lanka)
- Rob Daniels (General Practitioner in Devon, UK)
- Michael Marber (Consultant Cardiologist and Professor of Cardiology at Guy’s & St Thomas’ Hospital)
- Peter O’Kane (Consultant Cardiologist at Royal Bournemouth Hospital)
- Shamindra Perera (fund manager in London, born in Sri Lanka)
- Manju Sirimane, Channa Daswatte, Roshan Rajapakshe and Sanjay Kulatunga (the “Colombo Team”)
To improve the outcomes of children and adults with heart disease.
Cycle from the southernmost to the northernmost tip of Sri Lanka.
- 11th to 19th June 2017
- From Dondra (South) to Point Pedro (North) via Sri Lanka’s East Coast
- Distance approx 750km
- The charity ride will be officially launched at the Academic Sessions of the Sri Lanka Heart Association, at Hotel Galadari in Colombo, on Sat 10th June 2017
We will be raising funds for two charities:
British Heart Foundation: The largest independent funder of cardiovascular research in the UK, the British Heart Foundation’s vision is a world in which people do not die prematurely or suffer from cardiovascular disease.
Little Hearts Sri Lanka: A project of the Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians, Little Hearts’ goal is to build a cardiac and critical care complex in Colombo, Sri Lanka, that can treat the sickest children with severe heart disease.
MAKE A DONATION
All funds raised will go to the British Heart Foundation and Little Hearts Sri Lanka.
- Please click on the relevant donation link above to donate to your chosen charity
- 100% of your donations will go to the nominated charities; all costs related to fundraising activities, travel, accommodation and the bike ride itself will be borne by the participants
- 1 GBP = approx. 200 LKR (from xe.com May 2017)
- We would welcome corporate sponsorship; for details please see Cardiac Cycle sponsorship packages
The Cardiac Cycle team are very grateful to reapdigital for their generous help in building this website